Step 1- Pass the meat through a mincer twice. This makes a more tender product.
Step 2-Lightly mix the mince with any desired seasoning or ingredients (over-mixing will make the hamburger tough)
Step 3-Mould the mixture into patties. Mark the top with crossed lines using a knife.
Step 4-Grill until cooked thoroughly to the centre, reaching 75oC. Do not prick the hamburgers while cooking, as the juices will seep out leaving a dry product.
The Bun may be plain or seeded (sesame seeds).
alternative fillings can include:
- Cheese -either on its own or added to the mince beef
- egg- a freshly fried egg, or added to the beef
- chicken-a freshly grilled portion of chicken, either minced or in the piece
- fish- a freshly grilled portion of whole fish (cod or haddock)
- vegtetables- a selection of freshly grilled or fried.