Water is vital to life. Without it we cannot survive for very long. We lose water from our bodies through urine and sweat, and we need to replace it regularly to prevent dehydration. It is recommended that we drink eight glasses of water a day.
Our organs require water to function properly.
- Water regulates our body temperature-when we sweat the water evaporates from our skin and cools us down.
- Water helps to remove waste products from our bodies. If these waste products are not removed they can release poisons , which can damage our organs or make us ill.
- We need water to help our bodies absorb nutrients, vitamins and minerals and help our digestive system.
- Water acts as a lubricant,helping our eyes and joints to work and stay healthy.
Sources of water:
- drinks of all kinds of drinks
- foods such as fruits,vegtetables,meat, eggs