Hi everyone today I will be telling you about some bake and store advice for baking, most cupcakes, cookies and other tempting treats will keep well in a tin or airtight container and, in the case of brownies and bar cookies, even in the baking tin which they were cooked ,if it is kept tightly covered with foil. The following tips will also help, however:
- Ideally, store baked cupcakes , cookies and muffins undecorated. Any item that is decorated with cream, cream cheese or yogurt should be stored in the refrigerator.
- Store soft cookies separately from crisp varieties so that they don't all become soft, and don't store cookies and cakes together as the cookies will absorb moisture from the cakes and soften.
- Store different flavoured cookies separately so that their flavours do not mingle together.
- Only store cookies when they are completely cold because if stored while still warm they are liable to stick together.
- One or two sugar cubes added to a tin of cookies helps to keep them crisp.
- Most cupcakes, cookies , muffins and pastries can be frozen and thawed at short notice, but most are best when just baked.