Ingredients you will need
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- thumb-sized piece ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Madras curry powder
- ½tsp turmeric
- 750g new potatoes, halved
- juice 1 lime
- 500ml pot natural yogurt
- small bunch coriander, stalks and leaves finely chop
- 200-300ml vegetable stock, or pea stock (see tip, below)
- 300g French beans (or use frozen
Step 1- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add the onions and cook over a low heat for 10-15 minutes until soft.
Step 2-Throw in the chillies, ginger and spices, and cook for a few mintes. Stir in the potatoes and lime juice, coating in the spice mix.
Step 3-Add the yogurt, coriander stalks and the stock.
Step 4-Simmer slowly for 35-40 minutes until the potatoes are soft and the sauce has reduced. Stir through the peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
Step 5-Sprinkle over the coriander leaves, and serve with lime wedges and warm naan bread.
This recipe is from Good Food magazine, May 2013